The Austin Rattler Run provides 25 qualifying slots to the Leadville Trail 100 Run, based on the total number of registered runners at each qualifier event. Half of the qualifying spots will be allocated based on the top age-group performances and half will be drawn among runners who have finished the qualifier race within the allocated cutoff time.
- Qualification events will be allocated 25 slots, based on the number of registered runners.
- 20 slots will be distributed based on performance at the Austin Rattler Run.
- Slots will be distributed to each gender and age group (20-29, 30-39, etc.) based on the percentage of total athletes in those age groups, with a minimum of one slot for every age group. The top athletes in each age group will receive the allocated slots.
- In the event a top athlete elects not to accept a slot, the slot will roll down to the next athlete in the results, within the age group.
- In the event slots are not claimed after the roll down in each age group, those slots will be allocated to the event lottery, as described below.
- All finishers under the pre-determined maximum finish time, who have indicated their desire to participate in the lottery, will be entered in the lottery.
- Names will be drawn from the eligible lottery athletes and slots will be given out.
- In the event an athlete opts not to accept a slot, the slots will roll down to the next athlete that is drawn, until ALL slots have been distributed.
Additional LT100 Run qualifiers
If you can't make it to the Austin Rattler Run, test your luck at the following events: